GHESQUIERE X LV

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Images from the Louis Vuitton Fall/Winter 2014 Runway show taken from Style.com

It has been a while since a fashion show has truly resonated with me in a wholehearted manner. 2008 was probably the year when my socks were getting knocked off left, right and centre by the likes of Luella Bartley, the Rodarte sisters, Erin Fetherston, Christopher Bailey and the newcomer that was Alexander Wang. Take in note that I was a high schooler back then who would fill her USBs with runway shows during Design & Tech lessons (Sidebar: I once got caught out and had to stand up and read aloud to the class the Youtube video that I was watching - "Karlie Kloss Teaches Us Her Runway Walk" - and I was absolutely mortified). But ever since then, there have been one or two good shows each year (Burberry SS08, Balmain SS09, Miu Miu SS10 & Alexander McQueen SS10) that have really caught my eye but nothing to really inspire and help develop my own personal style.

With compliments to Karl and the amazing team that decked out an unimaginable dream set of a Chanel grocery store, Nicolas Ghesquiére's first show for Louis Vuitton hit all the right spots for me this season. And that's after watching the Miu Miu webcast at 2AM this morning, as well as playing all the videos in the #Chanel hashtag on Instagram to the point where I almost drove my boyfriend nuts. In my opinion, I think every item in this collection carries a down-to-earth character but also with comes an unexpected edge that inspires you to want to kick your style up a notch.

I don't know if its the late 60's vibes, the gorgeous brown/black leather tones in the form of belts, tops, pants and coats or the strong silhouette of the modern women that highly reinforces the superior craftsmanship and luxurious quality that is iconic to the Louis Vuitton house. The texture of the coats gleam a certain way, the knits look absolutely plush, and the models carry the demeanour of a woman full of strength, independence and a combined wave of effortlessness and raw emotion. I guess that's to be expected when Freja Baha is chosen to open the show.

I feel like the garments are demanding to be worn by all women, with the versatility of each piece apparent throughout the looks - i.e. styling turtlenecks under zipped jackets, daringly low leather v-necks tucked into a range of beautifully textured skirts, the same v-neck dressed down with a turtleneck layered underneath it, and the strong silhouettes of both the jackets and skirts that are just begging to be worn with the rest of your wardrobe = equalling to great cost per wear. I don't think there's a huge chance of me getting my hands dirty with a piece from this collection, but I look forward to how Fashion Editors get to style the garments from this particular collection. I'm looking at you Russh!

P.S. For more praise on the show, check out Business of Fashion's article on the F/W 2014 show here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I really appreciate your comments X

 

© daze + amuse All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger